Author Topic: New Year - Fireworks  (Read 1279 times)

Offline blacktail

• Gillie
  • Prawns 2
New Year - Fireworks
« on: December 30, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
Hey everyone! Does anyone know what the rules are regarding fireworks on private property?  I'm guessing its legal right? Now I read on news24 "All residential areas would be patrolled "vigorously" to ensure compliance with the law, the city said in a statement on Wednesday." http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cape-Town-warns-on-New-Year-fireworks-20101229

Would appreciate it if someone could clarify exactly what is aloud and what is not...

Offline Kosi Fisher

• Sea Dog
  • Prawns 21
    • My Personal Blog
Re: New Year - Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
WRONG!!! Fireworks on private properties are ILLEGAL!!! The city council has designated special areas where fireworks will be allowed (check your local municipality for your area) and patrols will be going around and fining people who ignore the legislation. The main reasons they are illegal are that (1) your dogs might be used to the noise, but mine may not be, and (2) you might like the noise or have kids who like the noise, but I might not want to be disturbed by your noise.

I can already foresee that our beaches are going to be covered in used fireworks packages and leftovers on the morning of the 1st January....bloody nuisance, they are...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:37:20 AM by Kosi Fisher »
Every Monday it's the same...can't wait for that next Vas Pappa feeling at the weekend...{sigh}...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Offline blacktail

• Gillie
  • Prawns 2
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »
 :oops:
haha thanks for the clarification!
Have a good1!! :party2:

Offline Saliegh

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 2
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »
I agree 100% with Kosi. I personally HATE guy-fox soley because of the mess that it leaves on our beaches and for the disruption it causes in residential areas. I have a 53 Kg rottweiler that goes be4k when he hears those loud crackers and it upsets me. I wish those bloody idiots can see what effect it has on him. the poor guy. Dogs can hear a grasshopper chewing on a leave blade( thats a fact), so immagine what those crackers sound like. those rockets and bombs and stuff.

I love the holiday season, but i never look forward to new years eve coz of all the fireworks

just my 2c.

tight lines
Fishing is not just someting I do, its part of who I am

Offline fabba

• Master Fisherman
  • Prawns 11
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
Remember,this one ? :fishhit:
"One day when we are too old to fish,we going to regret the time we wasted..not fishing"

Offline hndray

• Grand Mariner
  • Prawns 27
  • Able Seaman Just Nuisance
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »
Hey everyone! Does anyone know what the rules are regarding fireworks on private property?  I'm guessing its legal right? Now I read on news24 "All residential areas would be patrolled "vigorously" to ensure compliance with the law, the city said in a statement on Wednesday." http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cape-Town-warns-on-New-Year-fireworks-20101229

Would appreciate it if someone could clarify exactly what is aloud and what is not...

http://www.scenicsouth.co.za/2010/10/city-of-cape-town-fireworks-sites/
"ILLEGAL ALIENS have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian."   -   Robert Orben