Author Topic: Do you speak out or say nothing  (Read 1144 times)

Offline bemmer

• Gillie
  • Prawns 1
Do you speak out or say nothing
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Do you speak out or say nothing & hope the services will improve ?

We've had our bond for a few years now with Standard bank & of late the service has gone from bad to down right K@k !
We queried about the access bond facility that they have & was told that you need to set up a debit order to use this ! We decided against the access bond & no permission was given from our side to have a debit order put in place for the access bond ( all telephonic enquiries with Head Office bond division) Low & behold the next month our account is debited for something like R5000 for the access bond,which we Never applied for !
after having to go into the bank & basically loosing it we got our money back only with the help of the branch staff at the kromboom branch in cape town !bank charges were reversed & so on by said branch manager .
Due to us having another baby in Oct.of last year & that we knew that chance are that the bond would be affected by my wife having to be on unpaid leave for 3 months we made arrangements with the bank so that they are aware of what's happened & they have this facility in place & again we never set up or gave them instructions for any type of debit order cause the monies for the bond comes directly off our salaries!
Again the next month a debit order goes off for the bond which we never put in place & with the Almighty's grace my wife's work actually had paid her debit orders in full so the bond was not going in arrears ! Again we had to go in & again it was only with the help of the of local staff we got our money back !Now again after the 3 months have passed & the arrangement we had with the bank lapsed they again debited our account & still toke our money that goes directly from our salaries !
Ironically this time when we went in to the bank and the consultant that was trying to help us was trying to make headway with our problem with bond division JHB the phone was put down in her ear & this is something that has happened more often than none ! We are trying or making a plan to move our accounts but where & will service be any different !

We've complained to to their complaints dept. without even as much as a WE SORRY !!!
This has happened in less than six months

??? ??? ??? ???where are we heading if people don't do their jobs

Offline jaccil

• Saltiga
  • Gillie
  • Prawns 0
  • For the love of fish!
Re: Do you speak out or say nothing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:32:42 PM »
Post your complaint on HelloPeter.com - a lot of big companies now monitor and address complaints posted on there in an attempt to keep a healthy public image.  Just look at the list of complaints to compliments for Standard Bank - 79 at the moment!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Offline jms

• Gillie
  • Prawns 0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
Yip - Jaccil is right - Hellopeter is a good place to post a complaint. The good thing is is that Hellopeter actually sends the complaint on to the person/institution to give them right of reply so you are not just posting the complaint in a public domain. I'm afraid that for better service you may have to rely on luck.

Offline Laurence

• Gillie
  • Prawns 1
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:31:33 PM »
ABSA just did the same thing to me. I have vehicle finance with them and my bank account. My car has less than 6 months to pay and I have never had a debit order for it on my bank account as I transfer the money through the internet and pay a little extra if I can. So this last month all of a sudden ABSA debited my account. Actually on the 13th June. Now that I blew my top and called their legal department and threatened to hand the matter over to my attorney they have decided to refund my money. I have to wait until tomorrow though before they will refund it. My vehicle finance is almost R9000-00 ahead on payments so I would like to understand how they can do this. If I was behind then maybe I could accept it.

Offline hndray

• Grand Mariner
  • Prawns 27
  • Able Seaman Just Nuisance
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:22:05 PM »
 :blue_wtf:   Banks, Business, Women, Children, Fish, Money...

You can't live with them... You can't live without them!!!

:givemebeer:              :givemebeer:                 :givemebeer:                     :givemebeer:                   :givemebeer:                    :givemebeer:
"ILLEGAL ALIENS have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian."   -   Robert Orben