Author Topic: hotties  (Read 4028 times)

Offline funker1

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 1
hotties
« on: May 27, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »
Good evenin guys , need a little help here , can anyone please shed some light on what do u think hotties' favorite type of bait is ? I've tried sardine, chokka ,musselworm ,white and black mussel , red bait and crayfish , but what do u guys think really spark them and make them go bonkers ?

Offline waynew

• Administrator
  • Grand Mariner
  • Prawns 6
Re: hotties
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »
In my experience hotties r not fussy at all. They take just about anything throw down.
Stick to the cheapest  baits . Oily pilchard ,muscle or chokka is my usual waits but I'm usually targeting something else

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Offline funker1

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 1
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »
Hi there , will do so then yes , but I've seen something intresting on ASFN last night, the guys had a red / dark pink float / bead on the eye of the hook ( on top of the bait ) . Does that maybe attract the fish more ? And they used a 5/o hook , maybe should try that ?

Offline waynew

• Administrator
  • Grand Mariner
  • Prawns 6
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »
It's more for "Floating" your bait....means more "movement" in the gulleys.

Offline whalerider

• Gillie
  • Prawns 0
  • Seen is Believing
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
@Funker1. in my younger days we use to target hottie with sardine and kreefstert only, we used dipstick fishing off high rocks into a open gat between bamboo,what we did to create a feeding frenzy is to make lokaas from sardine and crabs ! worked wonders , our hunting grounds has since become a MPA,the stretch from bakoven to oudeskip. i must say that i rarely see a hottie of 50cm+ landed these days
Fish: an animal that grows the fastest between the time its caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends !!

Offline funker1

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 1
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 04:46:52 PM »
Thanx Wayne , @ Whalerider , I will mos def give that a try yes , it seems to me that the hotties are very choosy depending on where you fish , in eg , at Paternoster they go mad over the crayfish , at Yzerfontein they tend to like the sardine more , but then again , that's what I think , some peeps might differ ,

Hava gr8 eve guys :)

Offline clinton

• Sr. Fishermen
  • Prawns 4
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
The last time I caught hottie was with fresh (off the rocks fresh) red bait. In an hour and fifteen minutes I reeled in 36 hottie and 3 Gallie. (Keeping a handful of hottie and one galjoen for my efforts). Best day on the rocks I've ever had. Also the worst: almost died a dozen times walking there! Please don't ask location. Want to return there with my boat soon. Good times! (one of the released Galjoen can be seen in my profile pic)
Do the things that memories are made of!

Offline TkGhoul

• Prawns 0
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 04:55:24 AM »
Find out specifically.