Author Topic: forward Steve Ott about a contract  (Read 26 times)

Offline hfy962464

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 0
forward Steve Ott about a contract
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:00:45 AM »
Canadian pairs and dance duos are at the top of their game early in the season at Skate Canada International. DaRon Payne Jersey . World bronze medalists and Canadian pairs champions Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford posted the highest total score of the season and won their first-ever Grand Prix gold at the recent Skate Canada International in Kelowna, B.C. Once again they challenged themselves this season by upping the ante technically, with the addition of a throw quadruple salchow. Only one team tried the risky throw in competition last year with no success and Meagan and Eric are one of only two teams that are likely to include it this year. Their strategy is unapologetically athletic and they are hoping that if they keep raising the technical bar higher and completing their elements well enough, the risk will produce big rewards and make them world title contenders along with the artistic Russian teams. Early in the season added technical risks tended to be their undoing as their dividends werent seemingly apparent until later on at Nationals and Worlds. This year, however, they have started out on fire and already look to be improving on last years World bronze win. In regard to their long program, I think this years routine is the perfect vehicle for them to showcase their athleticism while drawing in and engaging the audience in their performance. Canadian ice dancers were impressive in Kelowna, winning gold and silver. World silver medalists Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje won gold by a comfortable margin and received instant standing ovations. While they delivered a convincing win, coupled with crowd pleasing performances on home ice, their real test will come in December at the Grand Prix Final where they will face off against the worlds best. It was an impressive first outing but what matters now is where they take the material from here. Past seasons have shown us that they are tenacious in their pursuit of improvement and refinement, so stay tuned. Silver medalists in the dance, Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier are off to a terrific start this season and made their eighth place finish at Worlds look like simply a stepping stone to bigger and better things this year. Their new material was well received and well rewarded, including that of their free dance, which I see as the best work they have done to date. Its inviting and easy to like while also showcases their innovative and superior skating quality. Results for Canadian skaters in the singles events were slightly subdued at Skate Canada due to the withdrawals of Kevin Reynolds, Elladge Balde and Kaetlyn Osmond due to injury. The big news for Canadians on the mens international stage is the emergence of 16-year-old Nam Nguyen on the Senior Grand Prix circuit. He shocked more seasoned competitors at Skate America, the season opener, with his bronze medal win. On his way to the bronze he defeated the current Olympic bronze medalist, Denis Ten and also finished ahead of U.S. Champion Jeremy Abbott with a flawless long program. What was most impressive was the fact that it was Nguyens senior Grand Prix debut and he managed to nail a quad salchow in the free skate. Coming into this season Nam was not a skater who the contenders would figure into the mix. Now hes got the top guys glancing sideways at him, knowing that with the newfound quad and the impressive technical scores he has put up in the free skate, he can surely be a fit to play spoiler at any upcoming event. Nguyen will compete at the Cup of China this weekend alongside his training mate, Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan. Japanese men have won the first two Grand Prix events and Yuzu has said hes hoping to ride the wave to gold at the Cup of China. As strong as the Japanese men are, its the Russian women who are dominating the ladies events this season. It is possible - in fact quite likely - that the Russian women could win all of the Grand Prixs and qualify four or five spots out of a total six spots at the final. Thats how deep their women are. With the National Champ on the sidelines, Canadian hopes in that event shift now to the national silver medalist Gabrielle Daleman who begins her quest this Grand Prix season in China. She is young, a capable jumper and a determined competitor who is looking to move from her 13th place finish at worlds. She will be up against a tough field so will need to be at the top of her game to be in contention. Troy Apke Jersey . Nine years later, he might have finally figured it out. He had only five rounds in the 60s in his previous eight trips. Custom Washington Redskins Jerseys . The Cavs announced the move Saturday, one day after LeBron James said hes returning to Cleveland. A 12-year veteran, Haywood has played in 794 NBA games, averaging 6. http://www.theredskinsshoponline.com/Youth-DaRon-Payne-Redskins-Jersey/ .com) - Many people at Eastern Washington are waiting to see if star quarterback Vernon Adams Jr.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Goalie Ryan Miller and forward Thomas Vanek are both taking a business-as-usual approach to their uncertain futures with the Sabres. Miller, a former Vezina Trophy winner as the leagues top goaltender, and Vanek, Buffalos top offensive threat, reported for physicals Wednesday after an off-season filled with trade speculation. Both players are in the final year of their contracts and are not currently negotiating extensions with the Sabres. "If you play long enough, youre going to have this type of discussion surround you at some point," Miller said. "I have to be professional enough just to do the job. Im able to do a job in a city Im familiar with, a city Im very much at home. I like to be in Buffalo. I like the people. "So this isnt a bad situation." General manager Darcy Regier said the window for making training camp deals has closed, but that talks will heat up again as the in-season trade deadline approaches. Regier did shore up his roster on another front later in the day, re-signing restricted free agent Cody Hodgson to a multi-year contract. Hodgson is Buffalos top-line centre, who finished last season second on the team with 15 goals and 34 points in 48 games. The Sabres are in transition. They opened last season with Stanley Cup aspirations, but have since elected to rebuild an under-performing roster with prospects and draft picks after missing the playoffs for a second straight year. Miller acknowledged at the end of last season that he may no longer fit into the Sabres long-term plans. Following last seasons home finale, Miller skated a lap around the ice, waving to fans. He also sold his home over the summer and is now renting. "It does look like, OK, Im out of here," Miller said. "People are going to believe it or theyre not going to believe it. I thought it was a smart business decision to have it on the market in the last year of my deal so I didnt at least get low-balled. "I had to laugh at myself and say, this is not going to be looking good to the people of Buffalo. Im not racing out of town. It was just honestly a business decision." Vanek has previously said he is not interested in enduring a lengthy rebuilding process and will take this season to assess. On Wednesday, he was more political. "Im not ready to re-sign, and to be honest, Im not sure if they aare ready to re-sign," Vanek said. Troy Apke Redskins Jersey. "If I would have got traded, I wouldnt have been shocked." Regier said the NHLs new collective bargaining agreement has made players with expiring contracts reluctant to sign extensions. "Thats the nature of the new NHL," Regier said. "The expectation from the players side is that the cap is going to go up. To the extent that the cap goes up, it may be beneficial for them to wait for the unrestricted market." Miller, who has played 500 games with the Sabres, left the door open to re-signing long-term. "You start to see a situation here where you can build something good, something thats going to last," Miller said. "Thats what I want to be a part of, whether this is the last season I can make a difference or its going to continue forward. I just want to make sure that Im a positive influence on this team moving forward and that Buffalo has a lot of success or a foundation to build success on in the future, because I do care about this area and the people. I do believe they deserve to be cheering for a team deep into June. "My hope is that we can do that this year." Hodgson is part of that foundation. Hes a fourth-year player, whom the Sabres acquired in a trade with Vancouver in February 2012. We feel he is going to be an important piece of our organizations success," Regier said in a statement released by the team. Regier said hes also had preliminary discussions with the agent for forward Steve Ott about a contract extension. The veteran centre, acquired in a trade from Dallas last off-season, is in the final year of his deal. "I want to be here," Ott said. "I love the organization, the sense of where its going, the young guys, the stable full of prospects. As you add pieces and continue to build the team, I see the uphill climb beginning very shortly." ---- NOTES: Coach Ron Rolston completed his staff by hiring former Harvard assistant Jerry Forton, a Buffalo native who has also worked at UMass-Lowell and Niagara. . Rolston said he will choose his captains at the end of training camp after rotating the captaincy for preseason games. . The Sabres will hold their first on-ice session Thursday and play their first preseason game Sunday in Montreal. ... Buffalo opens the regular season at Detroit on Oct. 2. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '