Author Topic: then Gordon has the ability  (Read 25 times)

Offline hfy962464

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 0
then Gordon has the ability
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »
BUFFALO, N. Pete Rose Jersey .Y. -- Dominik Hasek and Ted Nolan shook hands, talked and put years of bad blood behind them. The all-star goaltender and the head coach met the first time Friday since a falling out 17 years ago cost Nolan his job with the Buffalo Sabres. Nolan was brought back to coach the Sabres earlier this season, and Hasek is being inducted into the teams hall of fame Saturday night. The six-time Vezina Trophy-winning goaltender was at First Niagara Center Friday, and the two former adversaries appeared to have put their past problems behind them with what Nolan called a "nice chat." "I still dont know what really transpired back then," Nolan said. "But back then is back then. He looks well, and hes all happy and excited about being back here and we had a nice talk. We had some good times. Everybody looks at even one incident, and one incident doesnt form a relationship. "In the media I guess sometimes we blow things way out of proportion and make it look worse than it really was, and it wasnt that much. People have disagreements all the time." Hasek, who spoke to reporters before Nolan, didnt deny there were disagreements between him and his former coach back in 1997, when the goaltender pulled himself from one game claiming a knee injury and later deemed himself not healthy enough to start another. "Whatever happened, what can I say about it?" Hasek said. "Sometimes you feel different way than the other person, sometimes you feel that your decision is better than his decisions. But I think on the ice that one or two years that we were together we done a good job for this organization." Under Nolan, and with Hasek between the pipes, the Sabres went from last place in 1995-96 to first in 1996-97. That second season Nolan won the Jack Adams Award as NHL coach of the year, and Hasek won the Hart Trophy as league MVP and Vezina Trophy as the top goaltender. "If you look what Dominik did for this organization and even when my time was here -- we had a lot of wins, but a lot of wins were based on his goaltending," Nolan said. "Hes a world-class goaltender." Being a world-class goaltender is in Haseks past, and now hes more than ready to push aside past problems with Nolan to focus on the present. "Ted Nolan, he was my coach," the 49-year-old said. "I know there was some questions (about) the relationship between me and him, but what can I say? I believe hes the coach right now and he will help the team to improve. ... I wish him good luck to improve the Sabres." Mike Schmidt Phillies Jersey . Brassard and Coyotes defenceman Derek Morris were battling for position in the crease when a nudge from Morris sent Brassard on top of Smith late in the third period. Mike Schmidt Jersey . Marc-Andre Fleury made 27 saves to backstop the Penguins to a 2-1 victory over the Flames, handing Calgary its team record sixth consecutive home regulation loss. http://www.philliesbaseballproshop.com/nick-williams-phillies-jersey/ . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U.CHICAGO - The White Sox were looking to add versatility to their lineup, so they decided to bring back infielder Gordon Beckham after trading him last season.Beckham agreed to a $2 million, one-year contract with Chicago, which cleared a roster spot by designating outfielder Dayan Viciedo for assignment on Wednesday.General manager Rick Hahn wanted to give manager Robin Ventura more options.It certainly was very important for us, Hahn said, to find a way to provide more flexibility in the lineups for Robin so that he has the ability to play matchups more easily — defensive substitutions, offensive matchups, left-right matchups when appropriate. Signing Gordon is another step in that direction.Beckham has spent almost all of his six big league seasons with the White Sox, who traded him to the Los Angeles Angels on Aug. 21. He made $4,175,000 last season, when he hit .226, and Los Angeles declined to offer him a contract by the Dec. 2 deadline, making him a free agent.He said he is excited to return to the White Sox, particularly with the team poised to contend in the AL Central after back-to-back losing seasons. Chicago added pop to its lineup by signing Adam LaRoche and bolstered its rotation by trading for right-hander Jeff Samardzija. The White Sox also brought in closer David Robertson and outfielder Melky Cabrera, along with reliever Zach Duke.The moves have definitely been eye-opening, Beckham said. Theres definitely a willingness to win. I think its going to be a good team. Its going to be fun to win. I was really keen on the fact of coming back and winning in Chicago. That was important to me.Beckham also said he is in a better place mentally than he was when the White Sox traded him. Chase Utley Jersey. .Getting away was good for me just in general. (I) needed some time not only to reboot but also to work on my game, he said.Drafted with the eighth pick overall by Chicago in 2008, Beckham is a career .245 hitter. He owns the second- and third-highest single-season fielding percentages by a White Sox second baseman (.9899 in 2012 and .9889 in 2011). But with Micah Johnson and Carlos Sanchez expected to compete for the second base job, Hahn envisions Beckham filling in there as well as at third and shortstop.If either Micah or Carlos locks down second base, then Gordon has the ability to take some of the pressure off of them occasionally at second as well as fill in perhaps at third base for Conor (Gillaspie) against some lefties as well as take some of the load off of Alexei (Ramirez at shortstop).Emilio Bonifacio can also back up at second and third and play all three outfield spots. With Beckhams arrival lightening Bonifacios infield load, Hahn said that Viciedo became expendable, and the White Sox will try to flesh out any interest in him. Chicago has 10 days to trade Viciedo, send him outright to the minor leagues or place him on release waivers.Hes still young and he still has a world of talent and a great deal of power that weve all seen on display over a number of years, Hahn said. Its not going to surprise any of us in the least if he goes on to have a very successful career elsewhere.The 25-year-old Viciedo hit .231 with 21 homers and 58 RBIs in 2014. He agreed Jan. 12 to a $4.4 million, one-year contract, and Chicago would be responsible for $721,311 in termination pay if hes released. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '