Author Topic: bait boat for the sea  (Read 1063 times)

Offline joe struwig

• Jr. Fisherman
  • Prawns 2
bait boat for the sea
« on: May 25, 2009, 07:12:20 AM »
i was wondering,
does anyone know of a bait boat to be used in the sea, homebuilt or avail in the market place. was just wondering, may just be the way to get to the 500m mark? would like to hear.
thanks.
the longest journey any man will ever make is to go down on his knees.....

Offline jpet

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 7
Re: bait boat for the sea
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:26:22 AM »
Hi joe struwig,

Yes There is a bait boat available on the market for sea use - Its called the Dingle hooper Aquacat

It is cbtainable from the manufactures in Margate Durban South coast .I will post the details of where it can be bought and contacts in the next post

I still own one of there bait boats and have to say its an excellent bait boat with unbelievable performance

- in terms of distance it has a claimed range of 1000m , myself and Steenie1  have tested it to 500m mark no problem in SE.
You only need to go in about 230m --> 250m max as this is in the strike zone.Basically you don't need to go deeper than that.Use different colour line to determined distances and a line counter.

Performance wise it - We initially tested the bait boat in a blistering Gale force South Easter ("on its maiden voyage") without any problems - just needed to learn to handle and steer correctly.We figured if it could handle a gale force SE on its maiden voyage then its worth the money spent and it can handle any conditions.It took about 5 mins max total time per return trip of 600m . ( 300m distance from the shore)

We have towed a bonnie out for shark fishing in the SE no problem 

There is about 6 guys in CT that own these high power bait boats (as far as I know ,maybe more) .
There is also a chap that is extremely successful using it to catch fish.
I have personnally not caught any fish using the boat but we took shark bait out to the back and had a high hook up rates

Currently my BBoat is in need of maintence so I can't give you a demo - but you welcome to come have a look at it and see for yourself

My only big problem with this bait boat is that if there is a mechanical /electrical problem with it I am not able to work on it - it has to go back to Durban to be worked on costing at least R1500 for courier services.After sales from manfacturer so far is very good

Another problem I encounter was that if you allow an inexperience fishermen to steer your boat he could end up going in circles and tangling line around the props.

As far as loosing the boat when it goes behind the breakers- when batteries in the remote goes flat or you have a line tangle on the props - I had the same fear of loosing the BBoat (and all the money spent) - not to worry when you have a wind blowing from the sea - your boat will always wash out again. It happen thrice with me

Only use the boat when there is a wind blowing from the sea (unless you have loads of cash and want to risk loosing the boat.

My opinion is its definitely worth getting if you can and it will certainly get you into the strike zone

Some say its unfair - well everyone has a right to there opinion - but i don't use it when there are all there guys nxt to me are bait casting.Have to be a sport

There is a new version that was just launched with a turbo - will post the details

Hope this helps a bit - I will recommend this BBoat - "   Aquacat dingle hopper  "

cheers

jpet

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Offline jpet

• Fisherman
  • Prawns 7
Re: bait boat for the sea
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »
Guys ,

Here is the website as I've promised - all the info that you need about the AQUACAT BAIT BOAT is found there

www.aquacat .co.za

check it out

cheers
jpet