Author Topic: Blue Ray Angling Club, are you a League Angler or NOT ?  (Read 3176 times)

Offline mike corbett

• Sea Dog
  • Prawns 25
Blue Ray Angling Club, are you a League Angler or NOT ?
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
OK so those in the know will have heard about BLUE RAY ANGLING a NEW Angling Club joining the WCSAA League as from the new season.......

What I would like to know is, as a current league angler would you welcome it, be interested in joining ? Or as a non league angler... would you consider joining the league ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated please....

Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory

Offline clinton

• Sr. Fishermen
  • Prawns 4
Re: Blue Ray Angling Club, are you a League Angler or NOT ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:21:52 PM »
Hi Mike

I think the guys who do not belong to clubs (like me) are the ones with crazy schedules (I do fire fighting the rest is a long story). I would really be able to benefit from it but have not really ventured to find out any details of what clubs offer.

A lot of forum members sound as if they do not belong to clubs either and you can see guys asking questions that would be common discussion in a club situation.

Information would be very welcomed. Especially if (obviously) you can gain from belonging to a club and have an opportunity to better your angling skills.
Do the things that memories are made of!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Offline waynew

• Administrator
  • Grand Mariner
  • Prawns 6
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:04 PM »
Hi Mike

agree with Clinton

a busy schedule is probably my reasoning for not joining a club . With alot of travelling due to work  , my availability is a issue.

however...i would most definately consider it if a more social club scenario. Or do league clubs have understanding that work obviously comes first etc etc .

where is this new club based ?

Offline mike corbett

• Sea Dog
  • Prawns 25
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »
most clubs understand..... not sure where they based exactly...
Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory

Offline snack

• Sr. Fishermen
  • Prawns 3
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »
Hi there,
I for one do not belong to a club simply becuase of time constraints. From the people that i have chatted too, they all think that club fishing is expensive. Most club fishermen fish atleast twice a week which means a hefty fuel and bait bill, never mind the extra tackle thrown in. I'm pretty sure that the actually membership fee to the club is reasonable, but the fuel & bait will have an effect. just my 2 cents

Offline fabba

• Master Fisherman
  • Prawns 11
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 10:48:36 PM »
I have been fishing in a group of friends ,just socially.I will say,2 to 4 outings monthly depending on conditions.This was to little for me as  i have to get more time at the water lol..So i Joined a Social Angling Club.Now i have my normal routine with friends and i have monthly competitions with the club of which the dates are given to us at least a month prior to our comp..It is social ,i mean SOCIAL.Obviously depending whether i want to partake or not it is my decision.I must tell youngsters to join such clubs as for me, as an old man, i have learned allot in a short space of time.I thought i knew alot until i've joined the club.  :kilt:
"One day when we are too old to fish,we going to regret the time we wasted..not fishing"

Offline Mako

• Prawns 0
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:20:37 AM »
BLUE RAY ANGLING WILL SOON BE POSTING ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE CLUB AS WELL AS ITS VISIONS. WE ARE WAITING FOR OUR CONSTITUTION AND MISSION STATEMENT TO BE APPROVED AT A MEETING TO BE HELD SHORTLY.

ONE OF OUR AIMS IS TO ATTRACT ANGLERS ACROSS THE SPECTRUM FROM MASTERS TO JUNIORS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN SHARING OR FUTHERING THEIR ANGLING EXPERIENCES.

CHEERS 

Offline clinton

• Sr. Fishermen
  • Prawns 4
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 08:34:41 AM »
Mako: Thanks we will be waiting for that info!

Most guys will go that extra mile to become more proficient anglers!
Do the things that memories are made of!

Offline hndray

• Grand Mariner
  • Prawns 27
  • Able Seaman Just Nuisance
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
I'm a miserable old Bar-stud that has lived next to the sea for the last two decades and at 54 has been fishing for close on five decades!

I fish primarily for the pan when I fish to catch    :flag:  (although I sometimes bum a site on a Chukkie Boat at Kalk Bay at four in the morning as crew when half of my catch will go to the boat!)

My diet consists of about 50% (probably all the solids... the liquids are mostly sourced from Ultra in Wynberg :evil:) from the sea from fishing, diving and beach-combing - sometimes I fish for fun and just scratch around to see what's there.

I once joined BassMasters to see what the hype was all about but have no motivation to belong now or to fish compettitively.
"ILLEGAL ALIENS have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian."   -   Robert Orben

Offline Mako

• Prawns 0
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »
good morning everyone,

blue ray angling are having their first meeting on the 12th may 2011 at 19h00.
the address for the meeting is at Tableview Coachworks 39 killarney avenue killarney gardens.
all those interested in attending please let me know as i need to have a head count.
there will be application forms for registration available at the meeting.

thanks and regards

Offline Brian

• Administrator
  • Sea Dog
  • Prawns 21
    • capetownfishing.co.za
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
Hope you have enough "refreshments", most of the guys that will attend are 1st class fishermen, but champion drinkers  :hysterical:

Offline Mako

• Prawns 0
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
hi Brian,
there might be a little champagne but thats about it.
cheers